Softball | 11/16/2020 8:50:00 AM
TROY, N.Y. – The Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) softball group options 26 student-athletes, led by 5 graduate college students. Head coach Amber Maisonet has a squad that additionally consists of two seniors and eight newcomers. There are natives of 10 totally different states and 10 majors being studied.
Beneath is details about the group make-up in addition to notes concerning the squad and particular person student-athletes:
Class Years: 5 in Class of 2020 … 2 in Class of 2021 … 6 in Class of 2022 … 5 in Class of 2023 … 8 in Class of 2024
Natives Of: California (4), Colorado (1), Maryland (1), Massachusetts (5), New Jersey (7), New York (4), Rhode Island (1), South Carolina (1), Vermont (1) and Virginia (1)
Majoring In: Aeronautical Engineering (1), Structure (1), Biochemistry and Biophysics (3), Biomedical Engineering (7), Enterprise and Administration (4), Civil Engineering (4), Pc Science (1), Electrical Engineering (1), Environmental Engineering (1) and Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Workforce GPA in spring 2020 was 3.63 (18 student-athletes) … Cumulative GPA was 3.25
- Allie Hunt (Pittsfield, MA / Pittsfield) was a mechanical engineer intern at Normal Dynamics Mission Programs, the place she dealt with modeling, sketching, designing, 3-D printing, commerce research, peer evaluations, and updating materials. She is an lively volunteer each on campus and in her hometown. Her brother rowed at Union School.
- Quin Garant (Anaheim Hills, CA / Canyon) has a sister who performed tennis on the College of Redlands.
- Melissa Orlick (Airmont, NY / Suffern) was first chair within the cello in her highschool’s spring musical pit orchestra.
- Kate Anderson (Wheat Ridge, CO / Wheat Ridge) had an internship with Anderson Die Casting, LLC engaged on device design and constructing. Her mom was an All-American in monitor at California Lutheran.
- Caroline Peel (Columbia, SC / Dreher) spends per week every summer time on the coast of South Carolina volunteering together with her church to work on homes.
- Erin Askins (Tehachapi, CA / Tehachapi) has had two summer time internships at NASA Armstrong Flight Analysis Middle engaged on a challenge known as PRANDTL-D. She is presently doing analysis on a challenge known as GeoExplorer, which focuses on the creation and improvement of a digital surroundings that permits Geotechnical Engineering college students to carry out area exams with out leaving the classroom. Her mom competed in volleyball and monitor & area at California State College, Bakersfield.
- Charli Smith (Pasadena, MD / Chesapeake) is an avid runner.
- Steph Cavallaro (Raynham, MA / Bridgewater Raynham Regional) has executed analysis in superior manufacturing course of controls for drilling on Boeing aircrafts. She has additionally been a technical intern at GE within the Edison Engineering Growth Program, been a analysis and improvement intern at Activ Surgical and a producing intern at Olympus Surgical Applied sciences America. Her brother (UMass) and sister (Westfield State) each competed in monitor & area in school.
- Chloe Lewandowski (Glenville, NY / Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake) has a sister who graduated from Rensselaer. Their father earned a graduate diploma from RPI.
- Keri Bugbee (Johnsonville, NY / Tamarac) has a cousin who performed soccer at Rensselaer and two others who performed baseball and soccer, respectively, at Hartwick.
- Maddie Provencher (Rutland, MA / Wachusett Regional) had an internship at Nypro (injection plastics molding firm).
- Catherine Worthington’s (Pownal, VT / Mount Anthony Union) grandfather performed minor league baseball within the Cardinals group.
- Nicole Small (Carlisle, MA / Harmony Carlisle) held an internship at Emerson Hospital working with the COVID-19 testing web site to swab sufferers but additionally run the exams within the microbiology and hematology lab.
- Ryleigh Greenwald (Piscataway, NJ / Bishop George Ahr) has a sister who performed softball at Susquehanna.
- Liv Vizzini (Vernon, NJ / Vernon Township) and Alexis Cooke (Newton, NJ / Kittatinny Regional) performed on the identical journey group previous to attending Rensselaer.
- Cooke’s father performed hockey at Potsdam.
- Veronica DeStefano (Emerson, NJ / Emerson Jr. Sr.) has accepted a full-time supply at Trane Applied sciences (technical gross sales engineering) in New Jersey. She was a programs gross sales intern there and a mechanical engineering intern at KSI Skilled Engineers.
- Erika Holowka (Forked River, NJ) is an achieved pianist. She attended highschool on the Marine Academy of Expertise and Environmental Science however competed in sports activities at Lacey Township Excessive College.
On attending Rensselaer:
“After I was youthful, I all the time knew I needed to change into an engineer after I grew up. Total, I felt RPI would offer the most effective steadiness of rigorous lecturers and aggressive athletics. Since my first go to, I cherished the campus ambiance and felt it was an ideal match for me.” – Chloe Lewandowski (November 2020)
“I needed to attend Rensselaer as a result of I might be capable to proceed enjoying softball on a aggressive group whereas being academically challenged. After touring many faculties, Rensselaer was on the place that stood out to me and I knew I needed to spend the following 4 years right here.” – Brooke Sroczinski (November 2020)
“I selected to attend RPI due to the cutting-edge educational endeavors it presents its college students. The attractive athletic amenities and accommodating workers had been the icing on the cake for me when making my admissions choices.” Madie Campagna (November 2020)
Advantages of undergraduate group:
“Being a part of the undergraduate group at Rensselaer has brightened my life because the first day I stepped on campus. I’ve met a few of my greatest buddies at RPI.” – Catherine Worthington (November 2020)
“You get to expertise life away from residence with people who find themselves not solely welcoming however who wish to see you succeed. You’re additionally in a position to create lifelong friendships with individuals who can be there with you thru all of it, even when that is 2am within the Union cramming for lessons.” – Allie Hunt (November 2020)
“One of many largest issues for me is how prepared the scholars are to assist one another. It was truthfully form of shocking after I first got here to RPI and noticed simply how shut the coed group is.” – Erin Askins (November 2020)
be aware: The roster is as of November 16, 2020, and is topic to alter.